Pointers for Attractions Expanding Internationally
October 8, 2019By Keith Miller
Patricia Velasco, KidZania’s marketing and sales global director, provides some suggestions to other attractions opening new locations outside their home country:
- Research: It’s extremely important to conduct an extensive research prior to opening in order to get a deeper understanding of the cultural and social dynamics of a specific country.
- Find the Right Partner: You’ll need a counterpart with the know-how and know-who of that specific market. They can help bring your concept to life while respecting local traditions.
- Collaborate with Local Authorities: In the case of KidZania, this step has been crucial, as with our arrival in Saudi Arabia.
- Keep Your Standards: Ensure that the awesome experience of your brand remains uniform, exciting, and true to your essence in all the locations where you operate.
- Yet, Be Ready to Adapt: It’s vital to make some adjustments so people feel closer to your concept. Avoid trying to impose traditions or activities that might go against local culture.