Speaker Resource Center
August 2020 - Speaker Agreements Deployed
September 2020 - Speaker Webinars
October 2nd - Final Presentations Due & Speaker Agreements Completed
November 16-20th - IAAPA Expo 2020
Conference speakers receive complimentary registration to IAAPA Expo 2020 with access to the trade show floor and education conference. IAAPA does not reimburse speaker travel or other expenses; we encourage you to reserve lodging as early as possible. Please visit our Hotel and Travel page for more details. Promotional Codes have been emailed to confirmed speakers.
Promote Your Presence
Promote your presence by downloading social media graphics for LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.
Presentation Template and Format
The official IAAPA Expo 2020 template must be used.
If you’re involved on a panel of speakers, please work with your session coordinator to combine presentations into one file. Please name files using the following naming convention:
- IAAPA is unable to print handouts to accompany each education session.
- If you would like to provide handouts, please bring your own printed copies to your session, keeping in mind the number of possible attendees.
- A digital handout can be uploaded to our IAAPA Expo official app. Digital handouts should be emailed to [email protected] by October 2nd.
- Press may attend all IAAPA education sessions unless otherwise noted.
- Speakers should assume press may be in education sessions and careful not to present information that should not appear in the media. Keep in mind, attendees may also tweet/post session information which could be circulated or pick up by a media outlet.
- If IAAPA learns of interest from a reporter to cover a session ahead of time, the speakers will be notified.
Check-In and Speaker Lounge
Speakers should check in at the Education Office in room S331A upon arrival. Here you can check-in and pick up your badge, confirm changes to your session, arrange to meet speakers, or enjoy a quick refreshment.
Education Office Hours
Sunday, Nov. 15th: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 16th: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 17th: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov 18th: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 19th: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 20th: Closed
Access to Session Rooms
Arrive to your session room at least 15 minutes prior to your session start time to set up slides and ensure you are prepared.
- IAAPA complies with all copyright laws. Ensure you have permission for use before presenting materials including facility pictures, cartoons and graphs.
- Presentations should not be promotional or include advertisements for products and services.
- Videos must be embedded into the presentation. There is no access for live streaming.
- Attendees must be 18 years or older with a valid IAAPA Expo badge to access educational seminars. The education conference is provided complimentary to members. Nonmembers may attend the educational seminars by purchasing the Education Conference Program package during the online registration process or on-site at the Expo. This includes family members and associates of speakers.
- Welcome Slide
Presentation introductions should include the following:
- Session title
- Speaker name, title, and company
- Avoid text-heavy slides which can be distraction to the primary message.
- Avoid displaying more than one point per slide.
- Avoid having too many slides. If a slide does not have a purpose, remove it.
- Arial, IAAPA’s font type, is recommended for all presentations.
- Avoid using fonts not compatible with the standard Microsoft Office font package.
- Graphics, charts and illustrations
- Include slides that are image-rich, and easy to understand.
- Use only high-resolution pictures and graphics.
- Keep graphs visually clear, even if the content is complex.
- Using Bullet Points and Animations
- Limit the number of bullet points in a screen to 6.
- Keep bullet points brief.
- Use slide animations and transitions sparingly.