ELIGIBILITY, ENTRY PROCEDURES & JUDGING
The IAAPA Brass Ring Awards: Best New Product Exhibitor Awards competition recognizes the best new product or service in the amusement parks and attractions industry.
- Must be a member of IAAPA and exhibiting at the IAAPA Attractions Expo 2012.
- All product entries will automatically be entered for the Impact Award which is awarded to a winner of one of the categories in the Best New Product Exhibitor Awards that, in the opinion of three (3) appointed judges, had the most impact on the amusement parks and attractions industry this year.
- All product entries must have been operating in a park or facility beginning after August 15, 2011 and before August 10, 2012. The product or service must work and must have been put into service since the last Best New Product award eligibility period ended on August 15, 2011. All entries will be verified.
- The product or service must not have been eligible for consideration for a Best New Product Exhibitor Award during IAAPA Attractions Expo 2011.
- An improved or updated version of an existing product is eligible for entry as a new product, if it meets the above criteria. If a product is an update of an existing product, all factors that distinguish new product from previous edition must be noted in the online application.
- Exhibitors who violate any IAAPA trade show rules and regulations will not be eligible for any Exhibitor Awards.
- Entries are limited to two (2) products, per exhibitor, and each product may only be entered into one (1) category. Two (2) separate products may be entered into one (1) category.
- Each entry must include a fully completed online application no later than August 10, 2012.
- Each entry should include a company logo (high and low resolution) and up to two (2) materials per entry, fully explaining all features and benefits of the product to the user. Materials such as brochures, flyers, photographs, or artwork are accepted and encouraged. Files must be submitted in PDF format with the online entry or mailed to 2012 IAAPA Exhibitor Awards, 1448 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA no later than August 10, 2012.
- The release authorization on the application must be checked. All entries and materials submitted may be reproduced by IAAPA and all entries become the property of IAAPA and will not be returned.
- There is no cost to submit an entry.
- The deadline is August 10, 2012.
- A panel of judges comprised of IAAPA facility members will evaluate all entries.
- The decisions of the judges are final.
- Some pre-judging will be completed prior to IAAPA Attractions Expo 2012. Final judging for Best New Product Exhibitor Awards and the Impact Award will be completed during IAAPA Attractions Expo 2012.
- A company representative must be available to answer judges’ questions as necessary on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- First Place and Honorable Mention for each category will be awarded unless the judges feel that none of the entries submitted deserve special recognition.
- The judges reserve the right to reassign entry categories if they consider another category more appropriate.
- All awards will be distributed to the First Place and Honorable Mention winner’s booths between 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
- All award winners will be displayed on the Awards display by 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 14, 2012. A list of winners will also be available in the IAAPA Sales Office by 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
- Award winners will be acknowledged at the Brass Rings Awards Ceremony, Wednesday, November 14, 2012.
- Benefit of the product or service to the prospective buyer.
- Originality or uniqueness of the product or service.
- Quality of the products or service’s design and construction.
See the Best New Product Exhibitor Awards Categories for names and descriptions.
If you have any additional questions regarding the IAAPA Exhibitor Awards Program, please contact:
Chairman, Exhibitor Awards Committee
Phone: +1 (770) 329-7329
Stacey Mills, CMP
IAAPA, Director, Conference and Trade Show Operations
Phone: +1 (703) 299-5745
Fax: +1 (703) 738-7483